Heiploeg is Europe's leading shrimp supplier with a focus on quality, innovation and sustainability. We are your partner in seafood enjoyment in retail, foodservice and industry all over Europe.
Heiploeg offers a range of packaging options for its products, varying according to the product characteristics and utilisation, storage conditions (chilled or frozen) and target markets (retail, foodservice or industry).
Packaging options for chilled retail products, packed under modified atmosphere (MAP), include:
- Form-fill-seal trays - contents ranging from 90g up to 500g - used mainly for our standard range of chilled shrimp and prawns, mussel meat, crayfish and seafood mix
- Pillow bags - contents ranging from 150g up to 300g - used mainly for value offerings of various shrimp
- Pre-formed plastic trays in various shapes and sizes - used for our value added products and specialties such as Prawn Antipasti, Prawns Skewers, Wok Prawns and Heidema en van der Ploeg fresh peeled brown shrimp
- Pre-formed aluminium trays for ovenable products
For our chilled products in brine, plastic jars - contents ranging from 125g up to 450g (drained weight) - are used.
Packaging options for frozen retail products include:
- Pillow bags - contents ranging from 100g up to 1kg - used mainly for plain frozen shrimp and related seafood products
- Stand-up bags - contents ranging from 200g up to 1 kg - used both for plain frozen products and for value-added frozen products such as marinated shrimp and prawns, breaded mussels and squid rings, seafood mix and seafood products coated with sauces
- Sprinter boxes (cardboard) - contents ranging from 200g up to 500g (depending on the product) - used for value-added frozen products such as marinated shrimp and prawns or related seafood specialties and for seafood products coated with sauces
Packaging options for chilled foodservice products include:
- Form-fill-seal trays (MAP) - contents ranging from 150g up to 1,250g
- Pillow bags (MAP) - with contents of 1 kg to 5 kg
- Plastic jars - contents 1.5kg/900g drained weight- used for our chilled products in brine
Our frozen foodservice products are usually packed in pillow bags with contents up to 2.5 kg. But we have also bags with ruyter attached and boxes with a window.
Packaging options for products for industrial purposes include:
- Cardboard boxes of 5kg up to 13kg
- Plastic crates or trays
- Plastic bins of 400 kg
- Cardboard pallet containers of max. 450 kg (depending on the product)